Saturday, April 20, 2013

The "right answer"

As the rejection letters pour in, I am forced to contemplate on all the things that has gone wrong and how much better I can tailor my answers to suit what they're looking for. The thing about interview-like questions in applications is: how much different can one answer be from another? I appreciate the possible reasons to why companies resort in asking such questions (weed out the nasties) but in all honesty, if you've already taken that much effort in applying, no one would dare answer the questions in any degree of badness, not intentionally anyway. 
Recently, I had to complete a psychometric test that took a few hours. I remember reading at the start, "Answer the questions honestly as there are no right answers. The test is designed to help us better understand the applicants" (or something along that line). So it said that there are no right answers..."no right answers". Is that really the case though? If by some off chance that whatever you answered deemed you to be a complete lunatic or perhaps even a sloth-like human that's not too bright, then I do suppose that there were indeed right answers that they were looking for. 
What will it take for someone to give you that one small chance that you're looking for, for someone to give you the much awaited, "Yes"?

No comments:

Post a Comment