Saturday, April 11, 2009

IELTS Speaking Test

Just had my IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Speaking Test at 9.15 am. It was good!:) My examiner was VERY nice. Was very nervous before I went in but it turned out good in the end. I'm aiming for AT LEAST band 7.5 but an 8 would be AWESSSSSSSSSSOME!!! 8.5? OOO!!! That would be EVEN BETTER!!! (Band 9 is the maximum band...quite impossible to achieve though I do wonder if it has ever been done??) Though, never count your chickens before they hatch, eh? Hoping for the best:) We will see. Crossing my fingers!!


The speaking test consisted of 3 parts.


In the 1st (the warm she asked me my name, where I came from, what am I doing now (studying or working?), about the course I am taking...Also, was asked about shopping (not in my alley! but oh well..)


In the 2nd part [also known as the Long Turn because it requires the candidate to speak for 2 whole minutes (was given 1 minute to think about the given topic)] I was to talk about the family member I spent most of my time with. I talked about my dad:) Managed to talk for 2 solid minutes (THANK GOD! During our IELTS briefing last week they've already warned us that should we stop before 2 minutes, you and examiner will have a staring match...oh dear! AWK-WARD!!) Must say...THANK YOU DAD FOR BEING SO INTERESTING!!!


Finally, in the 3rd, I was asked questions relating to family (Part 3 is related to Part 2)...like about how many generations typically live together, the difference between the support of your family and the support of your friends, the importance of strong family bonds...


And it ended.


Whew!


Another hurdle passed.
Another obstacle outta the way.
Another day, another challenge,
CONQURED!

No comments:

Post a Comment