Thursday, April 30, 2009

In case you didn't know...IT'S THE 21ST CENTURY!

Don't you just hate it when someone says something like, "Don't you think Engineering is for guys and it'll be difficult for girls? Is it wise that a girl (a.k.a me) takes up Engineering?"
Hell-o!
What century are you living in? It's the 21'st century! Who still says those kind of things? It's like saying all nurses are women and all car mechanics are men. How can you stereotype people like that? In that case, all we women might just as well stay in the kitchen and cook (and shall we say all chefs are women too? Ever heard of Jamie Oliver? Gorden Ramsey?)
Honestly! Sheesh...
Anyway, heard that line last night from a fellow junior (she's on the road to become a teacher, a job which I personally consider to be one of the noblest on God's green Earth but I do hope that's not how she'll educate her students. Be more open minded, please!) when we juniors had a meeting and when I went back to my room I just felt a tad irritated with the world. Mostly at her but still felt the irritation go around.
Funny really how narrow minded some people can be. It's just sad, ain't it that I know people like that?
SHEESH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment