Monday, November 23, 2009

There is no such thing as 'studying too much'

I consider myself to be very hardworking (and apparently so does everyone around me). Mind you, it's not easy having to study all the time. Unlike some of those few fortunate beings, I'm not one of the more lucky ones to be blessed with say, a photographic memory...or with the talent of immediately grasping everything that is being thought the second the knowledge is being delivered...nor am I one of those people who can miraculously answer the exam questions effortlessly and precisely without studying beforehand (I do have friends like these....bless their souls!). And hence, with all that said, I HAVE TO be hardworking. I HAVE TO constantly study. I HAVE TO take steps in order to know everything that is required and to achieve my absolute best.
But like I said, it's a very tiring chore. Sure, I enjoy gaining knowledge, learning things I never knew before but when the dark side comes calling it's hard to resist.

Take first semester incident for instance. People say I study too much, I work too much, should relax more...called me a study machine...After a while things like that gets to your head, y'know? I resented that and after some time I did relax...a bit too much and look where it got me! 3 B's for finals! That's TERRIBLE! Everyone else faired about the same but that's besides the point. Not an A is not an option!And so I (wisely) reverted back to my old hardworking self.

Look, I'm not trying to put anyone down. I'm just putting this up because I have this to say:
1. NEVER, EVER let anyone cloud your judgement. NEVER, EVER let anyone influence you to the 'dark side'. Do what you know it's right and stand for what you believe in, even when the world is against you.

2. To achieve, it takes a lot of hard work. A's in exams don't come easy. They take effort. You will often feel that the workload is overwhelming and you will feel like quitting. DON'T! Continue on!

3. Don't try to put down other people regardless you're an A student or not. If you think they're studying too much, it's probably because you're studying too little! Even if that's not the case and you're studying enough to get yourself an A, respect the fact that some people just need to study a little more to achieve that A. Don't make them feel inferior just because it took them 5 tries to remember a single, simple fact when it only took you 1.

4. If number 3 does not apply to you, i.e. you think you are studying just as much as the person next to you but somehow managing just a strings of B's instead of your dreamed A's, perhaps it's time to rethink your studying method.
The analogy of a donkey could be applied here (got this from my dad...not that I'm calling anyone a donkey):
Work hard people say. Remember though, a donkey works very hard but at the end of the day, the donkey remains a donkey. Instead choose to work smartly. Work hard and work smart! They go hand in hand.
5. Don't be envious when people achieve more than you do. Take that as a challenge and rise up to it. If you see others around you getting straight A's and you're getting straight C's, instead of wasting your time blaming the world, cursing the teachers, damning god, take the time to mirror yourself and start doing what you know you should be doing...
GO STUDY and MIND YOUR OWN GOD DAMN BUSINESS!
BUTT OUT OF MINE!
There's no such thing as, studying too much. We are after all on a journey to INFINITE KNOWLEDGE.
Damn those who dare come in your way. Let nothing stop you.
Strive on even when your hardest hit. Even when things go wrong, you must NEVER QUIT!
Of course, talk is always easy. Doing is another thing all together. Still, have faith
AND

4 comments:

  1. this post is really inspiring me. tq for sharing ur taught...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading:) I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great.
    My thoughts are, everyone deserves what they get. So if people study hard, the deserve the rewards.
    Best things in life dont come easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, best things in life definitely don't come easy-even the most trivial things.

    ReplyDelete