Monday, September 13, 2010

Mama duck, papa duck, and the 8 ducklings

Not till today have I've thought of how fast a duck grows (maybe because my experiences with ducks are limited to Donald, Daisy, and Daffy-well, what I see of them on Disney anyway). Though I was running late for my next lecture (cutting it very close really-was in a meeting with my professor), I took a moment to snap this shot.  I was so astounded  I actually, literally did a double take! Astounded because one, the ducklings have grown almost 6 times the size since I last saw them a month ago, second, I've never actually seen a family of ducks do a 'family activity' before and today was the second time I've seen them peck on the ground together as a united front, and third, I couldn't believe how coincidental it turned out that I paused to take the picture a month ago and a month later I get to take another look at them! Amazing!
Mama duck, papa duck, and the 8 ducklings.
- taken on 15 August 2010 (Sun) on UWA Open Day

And here they are again a month later all grown up!
- taken 13 September 2010 (Mon)

No comments:

Post a Comment