Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The realest dream

Dreams are such funny things. The ones you have while you're asleep, that is.
"Well dreams, they feel real while we're in them, right? It's only when we wake up that we realize how things are actually strange. Let me ask you a question. You never really remember the beginning of a dream do you? You always wind up right in the middle of what's going on." - Cobb (Inception, 2010)

Have you ever had a dream so real you thought it really was? Have you ever had a dream where not a single thing was out of place; the people, the location, the surroundings were just as they should/could be? Have you ever had a dream that was so ordinary, so possible that when you woke up, you can't properly remember whether you've actually lived through it or not?

I had such a dream last night and when I woke up, I could almost be sure that it has happened and it wasn't merely a dream but possibly, a memory. Just as quickly as my puzzling mind puzzled me by trying to remember the possible occurrences, all my memories came crashing back and I knew then that it hasn't occurred and will never will. That one realization alone of "never will" hit me like a tonne of bricks and for a fraction of a moment, I felt the wind get knocked right out of me. Needless to say, my day went downhill from there.

The only strange thing about my dream I suppose (and perhaps I should have realized then that it was indeed a dream) was that it took place with me sitting on a bench on Mounts Bay Road overlooking the river and I had no inkling of how I got there.

"No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true." - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella) 
Cynical me says, "I ain't a princess and this ain't a fairy tale." 

2 comments:

  1. the realest dream is going to the toilet and purrr... and just in three second u wake up and ........ (u know how to finish this heheh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I have those dreams sometimes. Usually it's when my bladder is subconsciously telling me that its full. Been lucky that I've waken up every time and had time to run to the loo before I do any "real damage".

    ReplyDelete