Thursday, October 13, 2011

The reason

My sister had her last ever lecture as an undergraduate pharmacist today (will be graduating early next year). After dinner, she told me a story about how she was asked a question of wonderment by a customer at her pharmacy when she was in first year at uni. It wasn't until 3 years later, in her final year did she stumble across the answer. 

Sister: Don't you think that's interesting?
Me: What is?
Sister: That sometimes the answers don't immediately come to you but then eventually it does.
Me: Mmmmm...you should write about it on you blog!
Sister: But I don't have a blog.
Me: I'll write it in mine then :D

Indeed. Sometimes the answers don't immediately come to us when we want/need them most. It's the same with reasons.

Y'know how people say,
When the hardest hits, it's hard to think about the possible "reason(s)", the "good" that might come out of it at the end of the day, in the long run.

Most of the time, things do work out for the best or we hope so that it does but at that moment in time when tragedy hits you, when something terrible, the unspeakable happens, we don't see it. We don't, we can't see what that reason may be. You start to wonder if there's a grander plan out there for you, "pre-destined" in your future. You wonder if you'll survive through the day, the week, the month, the year. Your mind then comes up with a long list of all the possible reasons of "why", not making any sense at all - no rhyme and no reason behind it that you could possibly see.

But then again, you never know. Maybe just like "the answer", you''ll stumble across "the reason" 3 years later.
.....

"It was you who put the clouds around me.
It was you who made the tears fall down.
It was you who broke my heart in pieces.
It was you, it was you who made my blue eyes blue."
- Blue Eyes Blue (Eric Clapton)

I found a reason for me to change who I used to be, a reason to start over new and the reason is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment