Monday, July 19, 2010

The 3 phases in a boy-girl thing

Had a chat with my mate a few weeks ago and she gave me an interesting analogy on the different 'phases' of dating (or at least I've always thought that was all to it). Only just starting to test the waters myself, she asked me where I stood at that time. Asking what my options were she then said the 3 phases are: the seeing phase, the dating phase, and the relationship phase.
Seeing phase: When boy-girl goes out with each other but can still date other people/play the field aka lets see where this goes or whether I like you enough to think this can go somewhere.
Dating phase: When boy-girl move on to monogamous dating but no exact set in stone 'agreement' aka only date each other but hey, I'm not saying you're my boyfriend/girlfriend or anything...We're just d.a.t.i.n.g. each other.
Relationship phase: When boy-girl finally get to declare they're a couple aka boyfriend/girlfriend phase...finally!
Given that my own experience is mostly limited to what I learn from Barney from HIMYM (not a very reliable source, I know) or from the countless books I read or the endless list of sappy Hollywood movies I watch, I can't say for sure whether the 3 phases applies to everyone though I suppose it makes sense though I 'm not one to play the field much (time's against me to be mucking around...for now at least).
*Note: Marriage phase is not included as you can see because I reckon when you finally get hitched, it's no longer a boy-girl thing, it's the real deal, the end of the line of the endless search  and a new beginning to a new and (hopefully) happy life together with your better half.

No comments:

Post a Comment