Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If you could suggest one Disney/Pixar movie for someone to watch, which one would it be, and why?

O! I like this one. Disney/Pixar movies are my favorites...you know there's always a happy ending in the end.
Since I just watch this one recently (for the umpteenth time), I'd say National Treasure (for now at least). You get to learn a lot of interesting history ("...daylight savings wasn't established until World War I. If it's 3 p.m. now that means that in 1776 it would be 2 p.m."), it's fun watching them solve the riddles and puzzles (The Freemasons among our Founding Fathers left us clues [takes out one-dollar bill] like these. The unfinished pyramid, the all-seeing eye. Symbols of the Knights Templar, guardians of the treasure. They are speaking to us through these.), and the script is funny and witty ([after finding treasure in the treasure room]
Abigail:[seeing Riley cry softly, staring into the distance] Riley, are you crying?
Riley: Look. Stairs. [sighs])
AND my favorite:
Ben Gates: You know, Thomas Edison tried and failed nearly 2,000 times to develop the carbonized cotton-thread filament for the incandescent light bulb.
Riley Poole: Edison?
Ben Gates: And when asked about it, he said "I didn't fail; I found out 2,000 ways how not to make a light bulb," but he only needed one way to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment