Saturday, August 14, 2010

Do girls just want be with good guys or do they prefer bad boys?

It really depends on the girl. I can't generalize everyone into the same category because different people like different things (or guys in this case). And it also depends on the definition of 'bad boys' I suppose (I'm way over-analyzing this but I'm looking at all aspects). Bad boys in a sense that the boy is not the nerdy, follows the rules to the tee type but still generally a good person OR bad in a sense of sleeps around, shoplifts and gets stoned every once in a while. (I wouldn't mind the first type of bad boy myself:)
I remember watching THS: Denise Richardson a few years back. E! was telling the story on when she was married to Charlie Sheen (known bad boy) but they finally got a divorce because he wouldn't change. They (the E! reporters/narrator) say girls (like Denise Richardson) are attracted to bad boys (like Charlie Sheen) because girls like to think that they'll be the one that'll change the guy to 'be a better person'. That usually never works out but I do suppose we do get one or two 'success stories'.
I myself am a firm believer of not changing someone to how I specifically want them to be like. If that someone wants to be changed because he (or she really) thinks that they want/need the changing, then that's fine. But generally people don't like it when their partners try to change them and hence the creation of the saying, "Accept me for who I am or not at all."
There could be girls that couldn't care less about changing their man and like them bad for the thrill of it. I can imagine that. We see it in movies all the time anyway.
Or girl and boy are both bad. That happens. Match made in heaven...or down below.
In other cases (like myself), girls look for those 'clean cut' man. They like knowing that the guy has a good background, good education, is a family man, and all the likes. You can imagine what I mean, right?
I must say though, I can't deny that I've been tempted by the idea of going out with the bad crowd having lived my whole life in a good, healthy, squeaky clean environment. Makes me imagine how it'll be like to let my hair loose and jump on the first Harley that rides past me. But yet again reality pulls me back and holds me to the ground. 19 years of lifestyle really can't change much in a single day. Still, a girl can dream:)

No comments:

Post a Comment