Sunday, August 1, 2010

What made you decide to pursue your current course/degree?

Most people don't know this about me unless it's someone who knows me very well but the one job that'll make me a happy camper is to be a teacher. That's where my greatest passion lies, teaching! But then I thought of doing something else first-a doctor, an engineer, a lawyer, an architect can become a teacher (whether they make good teachers is a different story) but the converse might not be true.
So, why Engineering? Mostly it had to do between the choices the scholarship offers. Engineering, Accounting, TESL, Medicine, Dentistry. Didn't see myself in the medical line, would love to be a teacher (will be sometime in my life!) but I want to teach one of the sciences, not a language, don't like accounting since high school, so Engineering it is. Well, if I had to choose between anything really, Engineering would have to come out first. Among other things, I get to learn how things around us work. That's some pretty interesting stuff!
Funnily enough I remember when I was little (about 10?) my sister once told me that I'd make a good engineer (I liked twiddling with things. I didn't even know what an engineer was at that time!). She might've just been saying it to make a small kid happy or she really could've meant it.
Being in the line now, I'll make sure I become a good one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment