Monday, January 4, 2010

College Journal Entry 1

When I was in college, we had to take English for the first 2 semesters in preparation for our IELTS examination and during the 1st week in college we were given a journal (specially made by the college) for us to fill. Inside the journal there were 66 topics ranging from 'I wish I could...' to topics like 'A page in my life I wish I could rewrite'. In addition to the 66 topics, there were 6 'My own topic' pages that we could fill with whatever we want (most of them I filled with poems that I wrote). Over the months, I've truly enjoyed writing in the journal. It was my break from doing what I did everyday and when I was inspired enough to write, I'd open up the colourful pages and pour out my thoughts. Sometimes our lecturer would ask us to submit the journal (to make sure we took some time to write in it, I suppose but most of the students could never be bothered to really but I wrote it in not because I had to but because I wanted to) and she'd leave her comment under our entry, always using her green pen. Well, I've graduated (though not officially...yet) from college and the journal I shall treasure forever. I didn't manage to write in all 66 topics during my duration in college. I just made it a little past half that number and out of that half, I'm going to transfer some of my favourite ones into my blog. They'll be titled under College Journal Entry #.
College Journal Entry 1:
15/12/08 (Mon)
I wish I could...
It's an endless list of 'I wish I could...'-some realistic and achievable and some that are out of this world and impossible (you can't stop a girl from dreaming . Nevertheless, the top 18 things would have to be:
1. wish for infinite knowledge (this is my ultimate D-wish!)
2. pack my bags right this moment and fly around the world 3. pluck money from trees 4. see the world in the year 30005. read people's thoughts

(In case you didn't know: Edward Cullen is a fictional character from Stephanie Meyer's Twilight saga. He can read people's thoughts.)

6. go to outer space (the feel of zero gravity and a view to die for)7. speak more languages (French, Spanish, German, Russian, Mandarin...)
8. tell jokes and get people to laugh all the time9. have the ability to public speak and debate like the USA presidential candidates
1o. easily memorise/understand everything I read
11. own a record in the Guinness World of Records - that would be cool!
12. swim with speed (I'm a pretty good swimmer already but I want to swim faster)

13. own World's Biggest Bookstore (in Toronto, Ontario) or for every book an author publishes, I wish I could get a copy! (I love, love, love books!)

14. learn how to do up my hair into hundreds of different styles (now it's only limited to ponytails, braids, and buns)15. publish a book and sell a million copies
16. have the talent to sing, dance, draw and paint beautiful sceneries and portraits
17. be as flexible as a gymnast
18. be a social butterfly (even more so than I am now)Hope at least some of these will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment