Monday, January 11, 2010

College Journal Entry 2

7/10/08 (Tue)
A page from my life I wish I could rewrite
A page from my life I wish I could rewrite...Absolutely nothing as I believe everything that has happened, happened for a reason at that moment of time and all of the things that has happened in our live have lead us to where we are now. It is from all our failures, mistakes, and regrets that molded us into what we are today.
Sure, I have done things I wish I had not, like the time in Year 9 when I had a big row with my best friend over a misunderstanding or the times I was cranky in the morning and wasn't very pleasant to my mum. But overall, there isn't a chapter I would change. I would leave it as it has been written up to this point because frankly speaking, could I have written it any better if I were given the chance by the big man himself to do a rewrite? It was through all of our successes and failures (The way a man wins shows much of his character, and the way he loses shows all of it.~Knute Rockne), decisions that we made, may it be good ones or bad ones, the laughter, the tears, tantrums that were thrown, tension that was felt, joyousness that was experienced, they have all lead us to right now.
Had this topic been a little different, stating a page from my life I wish I could relive (with no alterations, thank you very much), it would have to be when I was 5 years old. I'd love to relive the time me and my family lived in the United States of America as my dad pursued his Masters Degree in Colorado. I had many happy memories and many great experiences at the place I called home for 2 years (which kid would ever forget your first trip to Disney Land in Los Angeles!) and till now it has always stayed close to my heart. It is my lifelong wish to go there again and someday I will.
Some memories in United States of America (1996-1998)
Winter of December 1996 at Billings, Montana.
During winter break, family took the opportunity to do some travelling. Our 3 weeks journey started in Colorado and then to Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Vancouver (British Colombia, Canada), Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and back to Colorado.
Went hiking with dad at Lookout Mountain which is near our apartment. The trail led us to Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave.

Dad treated me to a vanilla ice-cream cone after the long hike. Loved the surprise treat!

My 6th birthday party! Had lots of fun and got lots of presents!!! Thank you mum and dad for organising it! Blowing out the candles. Make a wish! <*Poof!>

Celebrating Halloween at Michelle Elementary School. Dressed as a cowgirl! At first the school was planning to go out treat or tricking (parents came as well!) but it started to rain so we just celebrated in school instead. Still had lots of fun!

The night of Halloween. Dressed as a princess and was getting ready to go treat or tricking around the neighbourhood!!!
Playing what I love best at my elementary school.
The Garden of the Gods.
Family trip to Colorado Springs.
Hope you get the chance to.

4 comments:

  1. wow i have never seen your childhood pictures . so damn adorable ! (: (: (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!:) I wonder if my kids will be as adorable:D Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg.
    u r so cute siearra!
    :))

    ReplyDelete